Finding a therapist in your area
The Complementary Therapy Network (CTN) is a register of professionally registered and experienced therapists who use their skills to work with people affected by cancer. These therapists have undertaken specialist training with the LJMC in cancer care.
Many patients have benefited from the complementary therapy provided at the Lynda Jackson Macmillan Centre or on the wards of the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre. The CTN provides a list of local therapists to help ensure people can continue to enjoy the benefits of complementary therapy within their own community.
In order to be part of the Network, therapists will:
- have complementary therapy qualifications recognised by their relevant governing bodies
- be registered with their relevant professional bodies
- have up-to-date professional indemnity insurance
- have been practising their therapy for at least one year after qualification
- have undertaken training with the LJMC on cancer treatments, side-effects and psychological effects on people affected by cancer
Therapists have provided their own details for the CTN and have their own set of charges. Some may offer a sliding scale depending on clients’ means.
Please be aware that inclusion on the CTN list does not imply or suggest a recommendation by the LJMC.
Are you a therapist?
If you are interested in joining the Complementary Therapy Network, please contact our Complementary Therapy Co-ordinator on 020 3826 2553 for more information.
Also, if you have more than two years’ experience, you may be interested in working as a volunteer on the wards at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre. Please call to find out more about this rewarding opportunity.